I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Indian IT service providers offer business expertise
- Scabal moves to the cloud for storage flexibility
- IT problems hit RBS and NatWest customers again
- Where is Satyam now?
- Ipswich Building Society forced to change IT services supplier
- FSA split involved more than 100 IT projects
- IT services firm acquires UBS system in outsourcing deal
- Banks perception of cyber-risks increases after several attacks
- Npower outsourcing means thousands of job cuts and transfers
- Government department signs CGI for service integration
- Years of IT staff cuts drives outsourcing resurgence
- Nationwide first to launch Visa V.me, despite RBS trial
- IT suppliers relaxed about contract visibility
- The state of agile software development in the UK
- Heath authority cut costs with Xbox consultations
- Banks clamp down on traders in chat rooms
- Global public sector outsourcing far outstrips private sector
- 150 subpostmasters make claims to Horizon investigation
- Huddle growing by over 100% a year
- Businesses plan support for remote devices