I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Labour calls for IT talent to join police
- 70% of IT professionals using cloud at work
- eBay to harness bricks and mortar to grow online retail
- DECC names IT suppliers for smart meter project
- Two-thirds of CIOs have big data on agenda
- Visa completes network upgrade
- Virgin Media to axe 600 jobs
- Mobile app downloads worth $26bn in 2013
- Space Agency builds big data platform
- Most businesses suffer major technology failure
- Seven day bank switching service launches
- UK dominates public sector outsourcing in Europe
- Payments network allegedly tapped by US government
- PCS and Unite unions join forces at Fujitsu
- Huawei merges carrier IT services with managed services
- Barclays expands Pingit to attract businesses
- Bank takes outsourcing to extreme with appstore
- TSB too reliant on Lloyds IT
- CW500 Club: BYOD best practice
- Digitisation shakes up IT outsourcing