I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Huddle gets US federal government breakthrough
- Zurich Insurance extends CSC outsourcing contract
- IT leaders reveal challenges and most useful technology
- IT system cuts visa abuse across Schengen Area
- Ten killer questions for choosing an HR IT system
- Cabinet Office blacklists Fujitsu
- Circuit breakers could mitigate risk in trading
- Infosys buys management consultancy Lodestone
- FSA demands review of RBS software failure
- Disability activists use Paralympics for Atos protest
- Villa Plus deploys IBM business analytics
- National Health Service seeks CIO
- Regulation, government policy drive utilities IT spend
- East London College gets cloud-based communications
- Two-thirds of British adults use a computer every day
- How did EDS lose $8bn in value in four years?
- CIOs will have to share control of IT budgets
- Technology companies expand despite economic concerns
- Specsavers upgrades IT service management
- Mobile computing to shake up back-end systems