I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- More Than insurance considers web monitoring
- Mobile pioneers risk being sacked
- European outsourcing spend up 14% in three months
- BYOD creating security risks for 80% of companies
- Cornwall Council puts outsourcing move on hold
- RBS spends £80m to link its multiple mainframes better
- Renegotiating outsourcing contracts to fit new reality
- Suffolk port authority upgrades storage infrastructure
- Teacher training registry crashes
- General Motors recruits 3,000 HP IT workers
- GDS launches Gov.uk website
- Cornwall Council axes leader in outsourcing controversy
- Police need to go digital to improve communication
- Did IT problems force Santander out of RBS deal?
- Go-Ahead uses Huddle cloud collaboration in rail bids
- CIO interview: Frank Modruson, Accenture
- Finance CIOs reveal plans to recover from recession
- End of sponsorship a blessing for Toyota Motorsport IT
- Syngenta multi-sourcing key to business growth
- Old Mutual’s mutually beneficial multi-sourcing model