I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- No link between high-frequency trading and market abuse
- Banks ramp up investment in innovation
- IT suppliers cost UK firms one billion man-hours a year
- Agile software skills demand rises
- Barnet councillors scrutinise outsourcing proposals
- Accenture launches Newcastle IT apprenticeships
- EDF blames IT upgrade for customer complaint failures
- Endsleigh goes nearshore for application development
- EDF has complaints system problems
- RBS pays customers extra £50m for IT failure
- MAC not doing UK IT workers any favours
- Xerox services business in Europe retrenches
- Southwark Council outsources IT transformation
- The business benefits of 4G LTE
- 4G services launched in 11 UK cities
- Back-office service providers failing to deliver
- Could GM’s decision to insource IT start a trend?
- More Than insurance considers web monitoring
- Mobile pioneers risk being sacked
- European outsourcing spend up 14% in three months