I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Philips outsources business transformation to Cognizant
- Eurozone crisis hits IT outsourcing
- Universities invited to train cyber spooks
- Businesses outsource IT for reasons other than cost
- Imperial College London moves ITSM to the cloud
- BP rolls out first global cloud for workforce
- Co-op uses Lloyds managed service in branch acquisition
- Cloud training has 'incalculable benefits' for Virgin
- Intel warns of slowdown amid falling PC sales
- IT consultancy rises in construction and transportation
- Engineer firm Alstom signs CSC to transform datacentres
- Steve Ballmer launches Microsoft Office 2013
- CIO interview: Antoine Shagoury, London Stock Exchange
- Hackers reveal 453,000 Yahoo passwords
- SME uses cloud to meet FSA regulations
- Global enterprises utilising Malaysia infrastructure
- Accenture and KPMG top outsourcing rankings
- Barclays puts full online banking on mobile app
- Atos staff could walk out during Olympics
- Business analytics software aims to cut gun crime