I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Investment banking IT staff seek career change
- Offshoring to take a larger slice of flat IT budgets
- Demand for IT staff increases in 2012
- Medway NHS cuts costs with virtualisation project
- Utility supplier benchmarks IT
- Mobile devices set to become company policy
- Security and safety fears hit smart metering programme
- Mobile retail technology boosts telecoms recruitment
- Nottinghamshire Police buck mobile failure trend
- Website launched to monitor cloud computing suppliers
- CIOs warn of massive UK IT skills shortfall
- Phoenix Group completes TCS IT cloud consolidation
- Indian IT giant to create thousands of European jobs
- CIOs can’t stop staff using unapproved devices
- SAP reports bumper results
- Mitchells & Butlers completes private cloud and network
- European IT outsourcing hits record high
- Wireless internet on the Tube by 2012 Olympics
- IT spending for 2012 remains static
- Union ends Fujitsu action