I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Cornwall Council votes for scaled-down BT joint venture
- Biffa upgrades unified communications managed service
- Airlines to invest most in servicing mobile customers
- Are CIOs losing relevance or will they change?
- Consumers demand ease of switching banks
- Local government IT faces skills shortage
- Health records should be protected like bank details
- Big Issue invests in digital ideas
- Metropolitan Police technology strategy under review
- Fifth of all IT services firms could disappear by 2014
- CFO gaining more influence on IT services spending
- Scotland could get internet independence
- HP back in with consumer tablet
- Swift sets challenge for technology start-ups
- Accenture consortium bags EC Visa system deal
- Businesses must focus on security when outsourcing
- Are universities ready for influx of overseas students?
- TCS establishes UK centre
- Intellect promotes automation software
- Huddle used by GrowthAccelerator