I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Account switching system needs competition to be justified
- Microsoft makes severe job cuts
- System for seven-day bank account switching underused
- UK man allegedly blackmailed TCS
- Vocalink system drives rise in current account switching
- Brazil's World Cup humiliation softened by Twitter success
- HP staff refuse to cooperate with knowledge transfer
- Atos continues to supply IT to disability tests
- The CIO with over a billion customers
- Bank branches used more despite online surge
- 6,500 Barclays branch cashiers retrained and given pay rise
- Network Rail outsources staff rostering system
- Finance watchdog to investigate colocation services
- London Stock Exchange harnesses Wipro global delivery for reconci
- UK leads in mobile adoption
- Digital banking transactions reach £1bn in UK
- SME IT staff struggle with soaring user demand
- Public sector dominates ITO and BPO spending
- Nationwide hit by apps glitch
- CaixaBank issues wristbands for contactless payments