Cliff Saran is the managing editor (technology) on Computer Weekly magazine responsible for commissioning, writing and overseeing the magazine strategy concerning all matters relating to technology from up-and-coming research and development to systems management challenges and legacy support and maintenance.
Cliff has been writing about these subjects since the early 1990s. In his current role, he writes a regular blog called Cliff Saran’s Enterprise blog which aims to unravel the hype, weed out the fear uncertainty and doubt spun by the massive marketing machinery in the IT industry.
You can contact Cliff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to find Cliff Saran online
Contributions from Cliff Saran
- Microsoft chief sets sights on multi-platform future
- RWE signs seven-year network deal with Vodafone
- HMRC uses Hadoop to tackle corporate tax avoidance
- Barking and Dagenham Council swaps XP for Chromebooks
- Digital strategy drives 3.2% increase in IT spending
- Arup uses Snow to recoup Microsoft and Adobe licences
- Smoothing the transition from decentralised to global IT
- Gartner: Tablet market heads towards saturation
- BlackBerry posts massive loss, but turnaround remains on-track
- Can the mainframe remain relevant in the cloud and mobile era?
- Last Bletchley code-breaker dies
- Blinkbox serves videos through Microsoft Azure
- Broadband users lose out with ISPs failing to deliver bandwidth
- Hacker black markets outbid IT companies in zero-day bidding
- SAP signs up with Adobe to make Hana attractive to marketing
- Symantec hunts for new CEO
- Mine machine data to boost business value
- Oracle pushes Exadata aggressively against IBM PureSystems
- Upgrade networks, storage and DCIM to support IoT
- Salesforce.com: a CIO's friend or foe?