Jim Mortleman is an experienced freelance technology writer, who has been covering IT and business issues for 20 years.
He is acting as datacentre editor for Computer Weekly from November 2013 to April 2014 while the regular editor is on maternity leave, writing about datacentre, cloud computing, server, systems management and virtualisation topics.
Contributions from Jim Mortleman
- Choice and ease of use: key elements of a good app store
- Data mining for golden nuggets
- Location-based marketing: proceed with caution
- BT and Microsoft to offer secure fast lane to Azure cloud
- UK cloud pioneer scores world first with true utility pricing
- BAFTA nominates cloud to boost web performance
- CIO interview: Andrew Marks, Tullow Oil
- Google throws down cloud gauntlet with massive price cuts
- Is Cisco’s $1bn Intercloud a bridge for enterprise customers?
- EU project aims to boost urban datacentre efficiency
- University of St Andrews builds energy-efficient datacentre
- Global taskforce agrees on green datacentre metric
- CIO Interview: Ian Turfrey, City & Guilds
- LSBU: modelling tomorrow's cleaner, greener datacentres
- CIOs hold fire over datacentre decisions
- Netflix shows how to get cloud rolling
- Why cloud's not reigning in the enterprise
- Dragon tells cloud businesses to focus on service
- Virtualised storage adds value to Denmark's tunnel vision
- Datacentres must tackle local challenges for global growth