Rob Shapland is a penetration tester at First Base Technologies where he specialises in Web application security. He has used his skills to test the websites of companies ranging from large corporations to small businesses, using a wide variety of Web technologies. He is a firm believer that all penetration testing should have manual techniques at their core, using automated tools to support these skills. He is also involved in network testing and social engineering.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Rob Shapland, Penetration Testing
- Preventing brute force login attacks
- How to block a malicious file upload
- Understanding and halting forced browsing attacks
- Defending against four mobile device security threats
- How to understand and prevent session fixation attacks
- Using Burp Suite proxy tool to examine client requests
- Cross-site request forgery: Lessons from a CSRF attack