The UK Fintech Industry Summit 2014: Realising the Potential
2 July 2014
20% Discount for Computer Weekly subscribers
FinTech is one of the hottest sectors in global finance. Innovative companies are reinventing the way that financial services are originated, transacted and distributed in both the retail and wholesale markets.
Here in the UK, we have arguably the most promising and vibrant FinTech industry of any international financial centre. For it to succeed, it needs supportive government policy, a regulatory regime that explicitly recognises the connected world and access to appropriate forms of finance. It also needs to engage in a dialogue with the senior management of traditional financial services companies, many of which may become investors or partners, while all of them will be members of the ecosystem in which FinTech companies plan to operate.
Developed in consultation with UK Trade & Investment, Level39 and FinTechCity, the summit has four main elements:
- Policy panel discussion exploring how the Government can help the UK FinTech industry achieve its full potential
- Presentations from some of the very best FinTech companies illustrating the potential impact of FinTech on originating, transacting and distributing financial services in both the retail and wholesale sectors (as well as highlighting the investment potential)
- Panel discussions on how to overcome the barriers to the successful development of FinTech ideas, including the required adjustment of the regulatory regime to reflect the connected world and access to finance for promising FinTech companies
- Networking between senior representatives from traditional financial services companies and the management teams of FinTech companies
A strong speaker line-up includes:
- Andrea Leadsom MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury
- Eric Van der Kleij, Head, Level39 Technology Accelerator
- Gavin Cleary, Chief Commercial Officer, Financial Services Organisation
- Julie Lake, Founder and CEO, FinTech City London
Demand for places at this event is likely to be high, so early booking is recommended.