Data centre analysis and business intelligence guide
A comprehensive collection of articles, videos and more, hand-picked by our editors
Roundtable discussion on the business value of big data, chaired by Brian McKenna, Editor, SearchDataManagementUK, and featuring independent analyst Mike Ferguson, Gartner analyst Roxane Edjlali, and Joshua LeCure, business risk intelligence manager, GlaxoSmithKline’s audit and assurance group.
The group discusses:
- What is big data, and why does it matter?
- Do non-dotcom companies need to have a strategy for big data?
- Who is gaining value from big data? And how are they doing that?
- Does the concept have drawbacks? What are they?
- How do relational database technologies relate to big data? Is big data too big for them?
- What is Hadoop and how does it fit in with big data?
- How does big data change data analysis?
- Are corporate organisations really suffering from a lack of skills in the management and analysis of big data?
About the participants
Mike Ferguson is Managing Director of Intelligent Business Strategies Limited. As an analyst and consultant he specialises in business intelligence, data management and enterprise business integration.
Roxane Edjlali is a research director focusing on DBMS, data management and integration technologies. Ms. Edjlali has 19 years of experience in the IT industry. Prior to joining Gartner, she was product management director at SAP, where she led SAP's Semantic Layer and Data Modeling Strategy for SAP Business Objects.
Joshua LeCure is a Business Risk Intelligence Manager at GlaxoSmithKline, and formerly a Human Capital Analytics Consultant at Deloitte Consulting, and a Materials Specialist at Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority.