Tata Communications has become the latest entrant to Indian cloud computing services with the launch of its cloud computing services in India. Known as InstaCompute and InstaOffice, these offerings target the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) verticals, respectively.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
InstaCompute cloud computing services will be provided out of tier 3 data centers in Hyderabad and Singapore. The Hyderabad data center is ISO 20000/27000 certified and SAS 70 Type II audited. The 170,000 square feet six-storey facility will serve as Tata Communications’ flagship data center in the Asia-Pacific region. According to the vendor, this data center has been built on leading cloud technologies and platforms (from Dell, Intel and Microsoft). Tata Communications has invested Rs 2,000 crore on its data center infrastructure, as well as Rs 50 crore on its cloud computing services. InstaCompute and InstaApp will be introduced in Singapore during the latter half of 2010.
Some of main features of InstaCompute cloud computing services are:
- Computing resources, storage, memory and bandwidth can be added or removed on-demand.
- Defined CPU and RAM, storage, firewall functionality.
- Data protection service available on-demand or via scheduled recurring snapshots in Tata Communications' data centers.
- Load balancing for optimal network and storage performance.
- Supports Windows 2008, Windows 2003, Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS Linux platforms.
- SLA guarantees 99.95% uptime – amounts to less than 22 minutes per month of allowable service interruptions.
InstaCompute cloud pricing
InstaCompute cloud computing service includes multiple pricing models — prepaid, corporate and postpaid — with four currency options (INR, Singapore dollar, Euros and USD). It is billed on an hourly basis for RAM, core and storage variables. This cloud computing service is also available as private cloud.
The pricing of InstaCompute for three variables (CPU, RAM and storage) is as follows:
The compute instance is priced according to the following models:
- For 1 core, 1 GB RAM, and 20 GB storage the price is at Rs 2.45 per hour.
- In the second model, 1 core, 2 GB RAM and 20 GB storage is priced at Rs 4.95 per hour.
- 2 cores, 4 GB RAM, 20 GB storage is billed at Rs 9.90 per hour.
Storage and data transfer rates are as follows:
- Storage is charged at Rs 6.75 (per GB/ month).
- Outbound data transfer is Rs 7.65 (per GB/ month).
- Inbound data transfer is free.
There are no charges on Ubuntu, Fedora, and Linux flavor licenses. Windows licensing uses a per virtual machine (VM) per hour billing model which is detailed as follows.
- 1 core, 1 GB RAM is Rs 0.55 per VM per hour.
- 1 core, 2 GB RAM is Rs 1.10 per VM per hour.
- 2 cores, 4 GB RAM is Rs 2.20 per VM per hour.