A total of 302 European storage professionals (most heavily concentrated in the UK) representing businesses with an average annual revenue of £896 million responded to the spring 2011 SearchStorage.co.UK European storage Purchasing Intentions survey.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
That’s about 50% more than answered our last survey in the second quarter of 2010, when 215 storage professionals representing businesses with average annual revenue of £1.3 billion took part.
This is the third SearchStorage.co.UK storage Purchasing Intentions survey. The first one was conducted in late 2008, and we make some comparison to that survey here. There were 435 respondents to that survey from UK businesses with an average annual revenue of £1.1 billion.
Here are some stats about respondents to this year’s survey.
Who completed our survey?
- 36% are IT directors/managers
- 21% are storage administrators
- 19% are storage technical staff
- 12% are storage architects
- 7% are storage managers
- 5% are CIOs
How much revenue do respondents’ companies have?
- 50% work at companies with less than £25 million annual revenue
- 14% work at companies with more than £1 billion annual revenue
- 12% work at companies with £50 million to £250 million annual revenue
- 11% work at companies with £25 million to £50 million annual revenue
- 6.5% work at companies with £250 million to £500 million annual revenue
- 6% work at companies with £500 million to £1 billion annual revenue
How many people work at respondents’ companies?
- 28% work at companies with 1 to 49 employees
- 16% work at companies with 1,000 to 4,999 employees
- 12% work at companies with 100 to 249 employees
What business sectors do respondents work in?
- 21% work in the computer industry
- 13% work in business services/consulting
- 11% work in financial services
- 11% work in education
- 7% work in telecom
How big are respondents’ storage budgets?
- 59% have storage budgets of less than £500,000
- 17% have storage budgets between £500,000 and £1 million
- 6% have storage budgets between £1 million to £5 million
- 5% have storage budgets of more than £5 million