In this podcast recorded by Cliff Saran at the Gartner Symposium in Cannes, Gartner analysts Richard Hunter and Hung LeHong discuss the future of Google, and how they believe Google could grow to become one of the biggest companies in the world. (See also: Gartner Symposium, Cannes special report.)
Key topics include:
- Analysis of Google's revenue models
- Opportunities of cloud computing
- Might Google enter the business intelligence market and change its model, perhaps allowing smaller players access to BI?
- Google as an intermediary, including Adwords, Checkout, and Google's entry into the area of real estate with Google Base
- Forecasting Google's worth: how Google's market cap value could hit $150bn by 2015 and how they might get there - or even to $300bn...
- How Google's famous "Don't be evil" mantra might affect its path
- How Google might be beaten…
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
This was first published in November 2008