In June the National Computing Centre bundled many of its events, services and seminars into a new operation aimed at IT corporate users called Principia.
This new departure, together with the activity generated by a number of key acquisitions over the past 18 months, beefs up group chief executive Michael Gough's bid to make the NCC the voice of the IT user with a strong focus on personal and management development.
Principia draws on the activities and expertise of its membership organisations, including CIO-Connect, Certus and the Institute of IT Training, as well as collaborations with outside organisations including Forrester Research and the Impact Programme.
This umbrella service is structured by themes: skills, security, legal, e-business, open source, knowledge management and programme management; and also by sector: manufacturing, education, central government, finance and construction.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Forthcoming Principia events
- Successful change management 22 September, London
- Delivering value from IT 23 September, Edinburgh 4 October, London
- NCC/Impact Programme leadership academy 6 October Manchester
- Conference on software testing 6 October, London
- Implementing BS7799 13 October, London IT governance 13 October, London 20 October, Edinburgh 25 November, Manchester
- Successful change management 14 October, Edinburgh BS1500: Understanding the standard for IT service management 25 October, Manchester 3 November, Edinburgh
- The role of the IT leader - strategies for success 26 October, Newport
Timetable of NCC expansion
- 2002 - NCC buys user group Certus
- 2003 - NCC buys the Institute of IT Training
- 2003 - NCC buys user group CIO-Connect
- May 2004 - Office of Government Commerce gives NCC a contract to certify and accredit public sector practitioners of the E-Government Interoperability Framework.
- June 2004 - NCC links up with Ashridge Business School
- June 2004 - Principia is formed.