Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with more than 15 years of experience in the IT industry and another 16 years of experience in finance. He is the founder and managing director of Cobweb Applications Ltd., a consultancy that helps companies to secure their networks and websites, and also helps them achieve ISO 27001 certification. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written numerous technical articles for leading IT publications. Michael is also a Microsoft Certified Database Administrator and a Microsoft Certified Professional.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- Teaching users to sidestep Olympic scams
- Passwords don’t work? Use passphrases instead
- IT security contingency plans for the 2012 Olympics
- How cybercrime software can help security awareness
- International cybercrime requires a global response
- Building a secure website that designers actually like
- Open source software tools: Are they too insecure?
- Incident reporting, employee surveillance laws overseas
- Aligning security policy, international employment laws
- Assessing home offices with security teleworking policy
- Stop phone tracking and GPS data leakage
- Getting control of IT security documentation
- Managing security of outsourced software development
- Segregation of duties: Small business best practices
- Prevent unauthorized personnel from hacking voicemail
- Sharpening endpoint security with end-user training
- Merger integration checklist for security
- Web application security guidelines for developers
- Threat modelling: A Web app security best practice
- Third-party security policies for DPA compliance