Alan Calder is an international cybersecurity expert and a leading author on information security and IT governance issues. He is also chief executive of IT Governance Limited, the single-source provider for products and services in the IT Governance, Risk Management and Compliance sector.
Alan wrote the compliance guide, ‘IT Governance: A Manager’s Guide to Data Security and ISO27001/ISO27002’ (co-written with Steve Watkins), which is the basis for the UK Open University’s postgraduate course on information security. This work draws on his experience of leading the world’s first successful implementation of BS7799 (now ISO27001).
Other books written by Alan include ‘The Case for ISO27001’, ‘ISO27001 – Nine Steps to Success’, ‘Risk Assessment for Asset Owners’, ‘IT Governance: Guidelines for Directors’, ‘IT Governance: A Practitioner’s Handbook’ and ‘IT Regulatory Compliance in the UK’.
Alan is a regular media commentator and speaker to bodies including the United Nations’ Information Security Special Interest Group.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Alan Calder, Compliance
- EU cookie regulations: Advice for non-UK firms
- Compliance strategy for the cookie opt-in regulation
- Four steps to comply with ICO cookies regulations
- How to audit cookies for compliance
- DPA: How do you know when you've done enough?
- Information awareness training: Data Protection Act
- PCI credit card compliance: Credit card data protection (over the phone)
- What are best practices for credit cards in a call centre?
- Meet Basel II operational risk, compliance requirements
- How to achieve laptop data security
- How to comply with the Data Protection Act of 1998