CW+ Premium Content/E-Handbooks

Thank you for joining!
Access your Pro+ Content below.
July 2017

Privacy pros in the know aren’t waiting for Brexit – they’re preparing for GDPR

Sponsored by ComputerWeekly.com

Privacy professionals in the UK are not standing idle while they wait for the government to clarify data protection law after Brexit, this study from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) reveals. Of the privacy professionals surveyed at more than 200 UK organisations, a convincing 94% report they are making preparations to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), even though the UK may need to create its own new data protection law after it leaves the European Union. Notably, only 6% say they are waiting to see what post-Brexit data protection laws will be in the UK.

Table Of Contents

  • 94% of the privacy professionals surveyed are making preparations to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), even though the UK may need to create its own new data protection law after it leaves the European Union.
  • 6% are waiting to see what post-Brexit data protection laws will be in the UK.
  • Among those privacy professionals preparing for GDPR, the primary focus is on being able to demonstrate their compliance from the outset.
  • Two out of three are creating a new internal privacy accountability framework.
  • Well over half – 58% – are investing in privacy training for their employees.