I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Fulham football club opts for cloud database
- ECB warns against last-minute Sepa migrations
- Recruitment firm Adecco outsources for cloud-based IT
- MEPs call for suspension of EU-US bank data deal
- First Direct advises customers on contactless payments
- Seven day account switching service sees modest use
- Apple iPad slims down as competition grows
- Computer science needs business and people skills
- Financial traders could use wearable computers
- IT high on agenda as more banks create innovation plans
- Europe sees huge outsourcing surge
- Government overhauls security classification
- Computer science graduates struggle to find work
- Gatwick Airport embarks on communications overhaul
- Government bodies will eliminate CIO or digital chief
- The UK is an attractive location for IT service providers
- OFT launches investigation into public sector IT supply
- Trading sector regulation drives mobile operator development
- Consumer-facing firms need two CIOs
- Infosys reports strong sales but profits down