I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- UK CIOs admit they cannot support software
- Capita IT staff strike over pay as profits rise 10%
- Fire Service project at risk due to lack of IT skills
- Outsourcing plummets despite strong BPO sales
- Atos told to improve disability benefits tests
- UK organisations increasing IT services investment
- Government tenders for agile digital developers
- CERN rolls out Oracle IT management
- Water company trials smart meter connectivity
- Post Office system investigation reveals concerns
- Second generation Schengen system deployed
- Time running out for Sepa compliance
- IT outsourcing contracts hold back adoption of new IT
- OFT investigates public sector IT outsourcing
- Open Championship prepares website
- CW500: Cloud versus outsourcing
- Scottish police outsource system to Accenture
- Mid-sized UK IT companies invest in growth
- Biffa uses SaaS for self-service and automation
- UK citizens will permit use of their data