I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Cumberland Building Society moves ATMs from ageing Windows XP
- CW500 Security Club: The next threat landscape - what to expect
- CIOs to rip up outsourcing rule book
- How do established IT suppliers keep growing?
- A billion payments to go through Paym by 2018
- Government failing to manage contractors, say MPs
- Amazon Web Services reaches its 8th birthday
- Ukraine IT industry calls for government action to protect sector
- Ofcom 4G auction achieved competition goal
- Nationwide continues IT modernisation with 24-hour Twitter
- British Gas digitises the boardroom
- Bank of Ireland outsources technology
- Infosys seeks business graduates as approach to IT shifts
- Student Loans Company standardises customers' experience
- Half of CIOs believe business has too many applications
- Many greenfield sites available for IT outsourcing
- Payments market to open to new service providers
- BASF sells IT services arm to Tech Mahindra
- Liverpool council to end BT IT joint venture
- UK shows biggest take-up of e-health records in Europe