I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- NAO reports concerns over government supplier dominance
- Midcounties Co-op increases return on service desk investment
- Superfast broadband is 'Cornwall’s HS2'
- BPO under threat from software automation
- Cognizant exceeds over 20% growth as non-linear sales accelerate
- Skilled migrants increase UK productivity
- Citizens willing to let businesses use their data
- Manufacturer outsources to transform IT service delivery
- Nationwide to carry out mortgage consultations by video
- Cloud not meeting CIO expectations and SaaS still dominates take-
- Government shared service can benefit from experience
- Co-operative Bank future dependent on £500m IT investment
- Zurich Insurance Group to streamline finance IT
- Cabinet Office selects Steria for government shared service
- Why ISG is to dedicate a report to public sector IT outsourcing
- Explosive IT outsourcing figures mask industry realignment
- Infosys to pay $35m to settle US visa fraud case
- Legal heavyweight joins Post Office Horizon investigation
- Loughborough University implements 400 virtual desktops
- End in sight for sub-postmaster claims