I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Space Agency builds big data platform
- Most businesses suffer major technology failure
- Seven day bank switching service launches
- UK dominates public sector outsourcing in Europe
- Payments network allegedly tapped by US government
- PCS and Unite unions join forces at Fujitsu
- Huawei merges carrier IT services with managed services
- Barclays expands Pingit to attract businesses
- Bank takes outsourcing to extreme with appstore
- TSB too reliant on Lloyds IT
- CW500 Club: BYOD best practice
- Digitisation shakes up IT outsourcing
- Capita brings cloud platform to market
- Chuggers drive direct debit failure and charity costs
- Direct debit failures costly to businesses
- Australia wants UK IT professionals
- Wipro expands Scandinavian operations
- Co-operative Bank ditches core banking migration
- 770,000 IT jobs lost in Europe in 15 years
- Vodafone and O2 join 4G party