I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Scottish bankruptcy agency outsources system development
- Fiat and Chrysler to integrate separate IT systems
- European youth believe they lack skills for digital economy
- European insurance firms lagging in digital
- Barclays bank launches investment app
- Ecclesiastical outsources IT for the first time
- US Bank migrates all ATMs to Windows 7
- TfL to enable smartphone tickets
- UK finance firms to face planned hacking
- Is the PRA dream of ripping and replacing banking IT feasible?
- Circuit breakers to be introduced to control financial trading
- Nationwide completes video consultation roll-out
- IT outsourcing increases at fastest rate since 2010
- Facebook to move into banking as consumers seek more choice
- Lloyd’s Register outsources infrastructure and applications
- Vatican Library digitises first 10,000 manuscripts
- Caravan Club moves to cloud to support growth plan
- Steria and Sopra will merge to tap digital opportunities
- Banks content to keep ATMs on XP despite support ending
- EasyJet flies with HR software in the cloud