I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Morrison Utility Services signs 10-year BPO deal
- CIOs are underselling IT to business
- IT outsourcing no longer main recession-busting tool
- Investment banks to share data platform to cut compliance costs
- Bank of England sets banks cyber security deadline
- MoD upgrades HR and payroll system
- UK trading sector faces challenges from US regulator
- Cloud computing drives infrastructure upgrade
- Bank account switching project gets global attention
- Ex-hackers best qualified to improve cyber security say IT firms
- Labour would force offshore suppliers to create apprenticeships
- Small businesses must encrypt customer data, says ICO
- Labour calls for IT talent to join police
- 70% of IT professionals using cloud at work
- eBay to harness bricks and mortar to grow online retail
- DECC names IT suppliers for smart meter project
- Two-thirds of CIOs have big data on agenda
- Visa completes network upgrade
- Virgin Media to axe 600 jobs
- Mobile app downloads worth $26bn in 2013