I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Top 10 financial services IT stories of 2013
- Top 10 IT outsourcing stories of 2013
- Government releases security guidance for cloud services
- Civil Liberties Committee calls for tighter EU data protection
- European IT market recovery to start next year
- Credit Suisse latest finance firm to launch app store
- Red Hat cloud ITSM deal part of wider migration to cloud
- TCS expands UK public sector footprint with Scottish deal
- FCA investigation into RBS IT crash last year not finished
- Norfolk and Suffolk police outsource back-office systems
- How endemic is IT underinvestment in UK retail banking?
- Indian IT service providers offer business expertise
- Scabal moves to the cloud for storage flexibility
- IT problems hit RBS and NatWest customers again
- Where is Satyam now?
- Ipswich Building Society forced to change IT services supplier
- FSA split involved more than 100 IT projects
- IT services firm acquires UBS system in outsourcing deal
- Banks perception of cyber-risks increases after several attacks
- Npower outsourcing means thousands of job cuts and transfers