I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Infosys boosts European footprint in BMW deal
- RAF Operations Wing pilots iPads
- Poor Q4 makes 2012 a year to forget for IT services
- Single registration system for government suppliers
- Technology you can bank on
- Sega uses Huddle to enable transatlantic collaboration
- CIO Interview: Matthew Oakeley, Schroders IT head
- Cornwall Council finally signs off outsourcing deal
- Big data understanding drives spending
- Nationwide IT transformation is a launchpad
- RBS hardware fault causes service outages
- Santander launches Android banking app in UK
- Cornwall Council votes for scaled-down BT joint venture
- Biffa upgrades unified communications managed service
- Airlines to invest most in servicing mobile customers
- Are CIOs losing relevance or will they change?
- Consumers demand ease of switching banks
- Local government IT faces skills shortage
- Health records should be protected like bank details
- Big Issue invests in digital ideas