I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Insurance industry slow to implement big data analytics
- Xoserve outsources legacy application replacement
- Tech Mahindra heading to top tier
- Commonwealth Games ticket system down due to technical hitch
- New payments system providers move closer
- Quarter of Europe’s small businesses interested in mobile POS
- Government should lean on outsourcer pay, says report
- HSBC puts free Wi-Fi in 650 UK branches
- BT told to take “misleading” broadband checker down
- Norwegian bank hands IT infrastructure responsibility to HCL
- Research reveals huge appetite for IT outsourcing
- CaixaBank Facebook app unites social media with banking
- RBS splits problem systems to reduce IT risks
- City University London launches new IT courses
- Co-op Bank report reveals challenge of legacy IT replacement
- Virgin boss Richard Branson backs Ukraine's IT industry
- Barclays recruits digital champion Michael Harte as IT head
- Golder Associates plans global WAN
- Warwick University cloud ITSM creates platform for evolution
- Swift launches service to reduce risk of financial crime