I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Lloyds latest to bank to experience major IT outage
- Government attempts to end big and wasteful IT contracts
- David Cameron calls for offshore jobs to return to Britain
- Businesses accelerate Sepa migrations
- TCS profits increase by over 30%
- HCL and CSC partner to modernise applications
- Big banks' legacy IT systems could kill them
- Post Office tenders for network and back office
- Capita wins back congestion charge deal
- O2 to stop supporting its mobile wallet
- Sepa deadline extended by six months
- UK bank IT systems a "long way from being robust"
- Bank of America told police about data-harvesting
- TCS hires IT entrepreneurs before they become startups
- Is cloud computing almost too good to be true for banks?
- City Link contact centre gets real time customer data
- Barclays to pilot smartphone cheque deposits
- Top 10 financial services IT stories of 2013
- Top 10 IT outsourcing stories of 2013
- Government releases security guidance for cloud services