I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Nationwide continues IT modernisation with 24-hour Twitter
- British Gas digitises the boardroom
- Bank of Ireland outsources technology
- Infosys seeks business graduates as approach to IT shifts
- Student Loans Company standardises customers' experience
- Half of CIOs believe business has too many applications
- Many greenfield sites available for IT outsourcing
- Payments market to open to new service providers
- BASF sells IT services arm to Tech Mahindra
- Liverpool council to end BT IT joint venture
- UK shows biggest take-up of e-health records in Europe
- RBS to tidy up systems mess
- Atos to manage care.data GP data extraction
- Flexibility and integration drove NatWest CRM migration
- Carillion outsources BPO and IT in ten-year deal
- HSBC saves $800m by streamlining IT
- Accenture latest IT services firm to automate with IPsoft
- Atos to distance itself from controversial DWP contract
- Laser networks trim nanoseconds off stock trading times
- Diageo selects TCS for global services