I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Janet education network extends BT relationship
- Sky goes nearshore for agile CRM development
- GlaxoSmithKline adopts digital service in the cloud
- Cloud and big data to drive BPO benefits
- Mitchells & Butlers offers customers free Wi-Fi
- Schools in Northern Ireland get their own cloud
- UK businesses lead the world in flexible working
- Universities investing in back-office IT systems
- Demand surges for Barclays Pingit mobile banking app
- Mobile devices drive 7% server shipment rise in 2011
- Microsoft launches Windows 8 OS public test version
- Intra-company transfers increased since immigration cap
- Thames Water extends smart meter trial
- Mobile technology training in demand
- Social media to support business continuity
- IT worker pay more likely to increase this year
- Government expands biometric identity scheme
- US appeals against Megaupload decision
- Salesforce.com revenues jump almost 40%
- Lloyds bank saves £2bn after HBOS IT integration