I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Accenture launches Newcastle IT apprenticeships
- EDF blames IT upgrade for customer complaint failures
- Endsleigh goes nearshore for application development
- EDF has complaints system problems
- RBS pays customers extra £50m for IT failure
- MAC not doing UK IT workers any favours
- Xerox services business in Europe retrenches
- Southwark Council outsources IT transformation
- The business benefits of 4G LTE
- 4G services launched in 11 UK cities
- Back-office service providers failing to deliver
- Could GM’s decision to insource IT start a trend?
- More Than insurance considers web monitoring
- Mobile pioneers risk being sacked
- European outsourcing spend up 14% in three months
- BYOD creating security risks for 80% of companies
- Cornwall Council puts outsourcing move on hold
- RBS spends £80m to link its multiple mainframes better
- Renegotiating outsourcing contracts to fit new reality
- Suffolk port authority upgrades storage infrastructure