I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- 2014 to see return of double-digit IT services growth
- Sourcing strategies must change to reflect Generation Y
- Bank legacy will stay unless CIOs get job security
- Will the iPad ever be a true corporate device?
- Scottish IT and digital businesses face skills shortage
- Outsourcing fuels Accenture growth
- More IT problems at RBS
- Somerset council settles with service provider
- Banks must re-engage with customers
- Southern Water contracts TCS for transformation
- Fujitsu HQ shows confidence in UK operation
- UK banks are storing up additional costs for future
- Barnet outsourcing court decision expected
- 42% of businesses use IT department for big data
- Logica brand ends as CGI completes UK integration
- UK public sector outsourcing world phenomenon
- Court hears evidence against Barnet council
- Infosys boosts European footprint in BMW deal
- RAF Operations Wing pilots iPads
- Poor Q4 makes 2012 a year to forget for IT services