I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Mobile banking drives app development innovation
- Cloud erodes global IT services value
- Barclays' Linux programme not a snub to suppliers
- Commission calls for electrified banking ring fence
- Business intelligence spending to double by 2016
- Rochdale Develoment agency uses Huddle
- Immigrants wrongly told to leave UK
- Gartner ups its IT spending growth prediction
- What does 2013 hold for financial services IT?
- Post Office admits that system needs investigation
- Predictions for European IT outsourcing in 2013
- IT gets honours in New Year list
- Top 10 financial services IT stories in 2012
- Top 10 IT outsourcing stories of 2012
- Australian University to give Freshers iPads
- Unilever ramps up social networking for recruitment
- Forestry Commission uses cloud to fight tree disease
- Mott MacDonald rolls out Microsoft globally
- Bank IT should play earlier compliance role
- Mobile banking innovation