I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Mid-market companies are outsourcing more
- Domino Printing Sciences puts service desk in the cloud
- IT jobs have shorter shelf life than most
- Accenture opens finance technology lab in London
- Scottish Power trials smart meter roll-out
- Cloud services sales to rocket to $109bn
- NHS Trust uses Accenture for system integration
- EDF app enables smartphones to snap meter readings
- KPMG survey reveals state of IT outsourcing
- Fujitsu blacklisting part of tighter government policy
- E.ON outsources applications to Capgemini
- Indian IT giant TCS to train 60 UK students this year
- Amazon recruits software engineers in London
- Security spending remains important despite slowdown
- Huddle gets US federal government breakthrough
- Zurich Insurance extends CSC outsourcing contract
- IT leaders reveal challenges and most useful technology
- IT system cuts visa abuse across Schengen Area
- Ten killer questions for choosing an HR IT system
- Cabinet Office blacklists Fujitsu