I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Mobile banking innovation
- Mazars outsources access management
- London transport users call for contactless payments
- Low-level tasks eat up 30% of IT departments' time
- Barnet councillors challenge Capita outsourcing deal
- iPads get IT into the boardroom
- Half of UK Visa payments will be mobile by 2020
- Law firm adopts smart storage
- RBS launches digital wallet trial
- CIO interview: Tony Prestedge, COO, Nationwide
- Ineffective computer system missed £1.4bn UBS fraud
- Barclays Bank to give thousands of staff iPads
- Capita poised to take large slice of Barnet contract
- UK IT outsourcing jobs and sales drop
- Nationwide completes mobile banking roll-out
- Cloud computing outsource contracts triple
- London Stock Exchange technology sales up
- Birmingham college slashes IT procurement time and cost
- Only economic catastrophe will quash IT spending growth
- High Roller fraud puts US finance firms on red alert