I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Facebook profits fall; buys AOL patents for $550m
- European PC channel sales rise 7.6% in Q1
- India’s biggest IT services firm just gets bigger
- IT professionals fear for the UK’s digital future
- 640 more UK jobs to go at CSC
- Outsourcing in the UK slows down in early 2012
- Union has concerns for IT jobs at MoD
- Banks and SAP collaborate on cloud platform
- Staff at IT services firm CSC protest redundancies
- Barclaycard launches card to accelerate contactless
- More downtime at Royal Mail IT
- Betfair opens up to software developers
- HP losing grip of EDS’s MoD contract
- Two more councils join CapacityGRID
- Infosys sees double digit growth for the year
- Portsmouth council benefits from digital telephones
- Barclays opens mobile banking to customers of all bank
- HSBC joins mobile banking revolution
- Retail spends on social media as online growth slows
- Schools need convincing about educational value of IT