I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Contactless payments exceed five million in March
- Microsoft and Janet bring cloud to academia
- Union slams Aviva’s offshore plan
- Metropolitan Police weighs up outsourcing options
- NS&I sticks with Atos
- Mahindra Satyam draws a line under turmoil
- Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) announces more job cuts
- IBM to support Thames Water's big data strategy
- Doctors increasingly benefit from IT
- Technology Strategy Board gets record budget
- IT outsourcing for cost-cutting problematic
- Mobile development teams not up to the job, say CIOs
- Cyber criminals hack Washington court system
- Smart metering project hits delay
- Cognizant exceeds $2bn with non-linear growth
- Sainsbury’s outsources banking to FIS
- Procter & Gamble could move IT in-house
- BMW outsources web platform roll-out to Accenture
- 95% of local councils share services
- University network collaborates through Huddle