I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Huddle used by GrowthAccelerator
- Indian IT giant mentors UK digital entrepreneurs
- Whitbread renews outsourcing contract with 14% cost cut
- Nasscom expects upturn in IT services demand
- Barclays bank cuts UK jobs
- UK accountancy watchdog FRC investigates Autonomy
- UK government to crack down on tax-avoiding suppliers
- Government school building project harnesses cloud
- CSC returns to profit one year after NHS debacle
- European government moves to private clouds
- Recruitment firm enables BYOD through software
- Businesses invest in IT to position for recovery
- Euro crisis could get worse without Sepa compliance
- Europe’s retail banks lag behind with mobile channels
- Council outsourcing plan faces more challenges
- Are captive centres back in fashion after lull?
- Petition against Barnet Council outsourcing tops 8,000
- Blending work with personal life raises security risks
- Computer science to be part of English Baccalaureate
- Three police forces backtrack on IT outsourcing plans