I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Police need to go digital to improve communication
- Did IT problems force Santander out of RBS deal?
- Go-Ahead uses Huddle cloud collaboration in rail bids
- CIO interview: Frank Modruson, Accenture
- Finance CIOs reveal plans to recover from recession
- End of sponsorship a blessing for Toyota Motorsport IT
- Syngenta multi-sourcing key to business growth
- Old Mutual’s mutually beneficial multi-sourcing model
- Lloyds TSB system error causes ATM problems
- Charities recognise key role of technology
- Businesses could lose billions through payment errors
- Edinburgh Airport outsources IT infrastructure
- Law firm puts IT service management in the cloud
- Indian IT giant set to win Home Office contract
- How WorldPay built its IT from scratch after RBS split
- Toyota uses Microsoft for global communications
- London gets another finance technology hub
- Shared services proposal splits Cornwall Council
- Top 10 cloud computing confidence killers
- Research reveals mobile engagement investment