I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Bank mobile apps are being overwhelmed
- FCA to probe banking IT
- Atos pays for DWP contract release
- Asia Pacific ranked badly by Gartner on privacy and security
- TechUK criticises OFT's reporting of IT cartel accusations
- OFT tells government how to improve IT procurement
- SITA harnesses Indian suppliers for finance systems
- Lincolnshire County Council outsources to Serco
- Mobile satellite firm outsources core system project
- Lack of social media archiving creates legal minefield
- Application support and maintenance costs increase 29%
- Cumberland Building Society moves ATMs from ageing Windows XP
- CW500 Security Club: The next threat landscape - what to expect
- CIOs to rip up outsourcing rule book
- How do established IT suppliers keep growing?
- A billion payments to go through Paym by 2018
- Government failing to manage contractors, say MPs
- Amazon Web Services reaches its 8th birthday
- Ukraine IT industry calls for government action to protect sector
- Ofcom 4G auction achieved competition goal