I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Atos Healthcare faces competition in DWP fit to work tests
- SABMiller upgrades IP network
- Well-defined mobile strategies needed for business growth
- Lloyds Banking Group restructure savings reinvested in digital
- Businesses need to keep better track of IT ROI
- Barclays to cut up to 12000 jobs 2014
- Why IT outsourcing is increasingly blamed for IT failures
- Finance sector early adopter of wearable technology
- Large internet companies could win insurance customers
- Satya Nadella replaces Steve Ballmer as Microsoft CEO
- Indian IT services giants eye UK IT captives
- London buses to stop accepting cash
- CW500: Is the CIO still as important in 2014?
- UK online banking lags behind US
- UK Eurozone suppliers can no longer ignore Sepa standard
- Barclays job cuts to hit IT VPs
- UK technology market sees fastest growth for decade
- Lloyds excuse for IT glitch not plausible, says bank IT expert
- Lloyds latest to bank to experience major IT outage
- Government attempts to end big and wasteful IT contracts