I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Contact centre outsourcing grows 7%
- Barclays passes government cyber security test
- Blender manufacture takes service management beyond IT
- Banking disrupter teams up with Fiserv to boost new challengers
- European banks move to cloud with IBM
- Most people keen to share biometric data for smoother travel
- CIO Interview: Simon Hill, Caravan Club
- CW500 in the City: Managing mobility and meeting compliance
- Roadchef exits IBM for direct supplier relationships
- CIO interview: Dominic Ruscillo, Unipart Automotive
- CIO interview: Jeremy Garside, London Symphony Orchestra
- Benefits of accessing data outweigh risks for chronically ill
- Barclays ranked top for mobile banking
- Centrica's datacentre move to HP not complete after three years
- CIO Interview: Colin Windsor, Truphone
- Swift CIO to retire
- British firms want global expansion but IT could be barrier
- IFDS integrates UK and India service centres
- Just Eat builds in-house IT workforce in Ukraine
- London Symphony Orchestra improves touring through single SIM