I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- CIO interview: Tony Prestedge, COO, Nationwide
- Ineffective computer system missed £1.4bn UBS fraud
- Barclays Bank to give thousands of staff iPads
- Capita poised to take large slice of Barnet contract
- UK IT outsourcing jobs and sales drop
- Nationwide completes mobile banking roll-out
- Cloud computing outsource contracts triple
- London Stock Exchange technology sales up
- Birmingham college slashes IT procurement time and cost
- Only economic catastrophe will quash IT spending growth
- High Roller fraud puts US finance firms on red alert
- No link between high-frequency trading and market abuse
- Banks ramp up investment in innovation
- IT suppliers cost UK firms one billion man-hours a year
- Agile software skills demand rises
- Barnet councillors scrutinise outsourcing proposals
- Accenture launches Newcastle IT apprenticeships
- EDF blames IT upgrade for customer complaint failures
- Endsleigh goes nearshore for application development
- EDF has complaints system problems