I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Microsoft customers react to July licence fee hike
- HSBC online business banking app on Google Android OS
- Shop Direct deploys software to automate processes
- Deloitte opts for IT service management in the cloud
- UK students on competition success and a future in IT
- Authorities vie for £24m grant for cities of tomorrow
- City finance hub unprepared for Olympic disruption
- London increases share of UK IT workforce
- Shared services are top choice in outsourcing
- University black box cuts student visa processing time
- Dutch university wins Atos Olympic IT challenge
- Department of Health forges on with PACS
- Training preferred to hiring to plug UK IT skills gap
- CGI makes £1.7bn offer for Logica
- Inadequate financial reporting holds firms back
- Mobile payment transactions set to soar
- Fujitsu UK CEO positive about the road ahead
- BlackBerry maker RIM to slash thousands of jobs
- Police shared service supports forces miles apart
- Post Office selects Fujitsu for managed service