I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Tech sector faces a decade of recession
- Cloud computing underpins Uefa business strategy
- Exeter University automates overseas student processing
- NHS trust resolves challenges with move to cloud
- National Grid selects HR software package
- Microsoft hikes software costs for some charities
- How technology is changing BPO
- Nationwide banks on virtual testing of online services
- Post Office launches Horizon IT system review
- RBS and NatWest services unavailable
- Co-operative Bank launches UK mobile banking services
- CompTIA targets CFOs for IT education programme
- Banks shift from in-house to commercial software
- Testing becoming ingrained in software development
- Aston Martin implements Microsoft for accounts
- Gartner: Enterprises spend $120bn on software in 2012
- Oracle reports strong profit growth
- Microsoft customers react to July licence fee hike
- HSBC online business banking app on Google Android OS
- Shop Direct deploys software to automate processes