I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- HSBC UK jobs cull won’t hit IT hard
- UK outsourcing plunges in first quarter of 2013
- Government small business initiative exceeds £100m
- TCS and Wipro give Indian IT confidence
- Opinion split on whether to offshore IT to China
- Tesco bank boosted following new IT platform
- Over half of government ICT savings not sustainable
- Public sector guide to moving to private sector IT
- Fewer IT firms create jobs this year
- Government names members of Open Standards Board
- BPO sector not investing in the right skills
- 2014 to see return of double-digit IT services growth
- Sourcing strategies must change to reflect Generation Y
- Bank legacy will stay unless CIOs get job security
- Will the iPad ever be a true corporate device?
- Scottish IT and digital businesses face skills shortage
- Outsourcing fuels Accenture growth
- More IT problems at RBS
- Somerset council settles with service provider
- Banks must re-engage with customers