I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Recruitment firm enables BYOD through software
- Businesses invest in IT to position for recovery
- Euro crisis could get worse without Sepa compliance
- Europe’s retail banks lag behind with mobile channels
- Council outsourcing plan faces more challenges
- Are captive centres back in fashion after lull?
- Petition against Barnet Council outsourcing tops 8,000
- Blending work with personal life raises security risks
- Computer science to be part of English Baccalaureate
- Three police forces backtrack on IT outsourcing plans
- Barnet Council outsourcing plan faces judicial review
- IT departments at the ready for FATCA
- VMware cuts jobs as profits disappoint
- Social efforts will fail to deliver for 80% of business
- Finance firm applications built on C and C++ at risk
- CIO interview: Yann L’Huillier, Tradition
- IT apprenticeships: the only option for many
- Apple reports record quarterly sales
- Capgemini steps up apprentice recruitment
- European bank IT investment remains low