I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- CW500: Cloud versus outsourcing
- Scottish police outsource system to Accenture
- Mid-sized UK IT companies invest in growth
- Biffa uses SaaS for self-service and automation
- UK citizens will permit use of their data
- IT outsourcing has changed, but have you?
- Barclays harnesses customer big data
- How SMEs harness the cloud
- Banking commission calls for IT involvement
- Strike avoided at O2 in 11th hour
- Post Office computer investigation moves to next phase
- Indian IT services firms raise Indian wages
- Serco outsources IT infrastructure and transformation
- More job cuts as RBS shrinks investment arm
- Senior judge hears Barnet Council outsourcing challenge
- Supplier management becoming a business priority
- Daimler moving IT in-house
- Ceva Logistics builds solid relationship offshore
- Two-thirds of CIOs feel locked in with outsourcers
- Centrica moves from Microsoft Windows XP to Windows 7