I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Europe sees huge outsourcing surge
- Government overhauls security classification
- Computer science graduates struggle to find work
- Gatwick Airport embarks on communications overhaul
- Government bodies will eliminate CIO or digital chief
- The UK is an attractive location for IT service providers
- OFT launches investigation into public sector IT supply
- Trading sector regulation drives mobile operator development
- Consumer-facing firms need two CIOs
- Infosys reports strong sales but profits down
- IT staff are more fulfilled than any other
- Green shoots of recovery fail to stimulate PC sales
- Retailers jostling for position in world’s biggest shop window
- Foreign Office outsources end-to-end IT management
- Technology advances main driver to new consumption models
- Wolseley outsources IT and business process
- Big business still struggling with social media
- Morrison Utility Services signs 10-year BPO deal
- CIOs are underselling IT to business
- IT outsourcing no longer main recession-busting tool