I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- UK graduates arrive in India for Wipro internships
- CSC tells redundant staff to train their replacements
- TCS and Computacenter most satisfying IT services firms
- Customer demand for digital shakes up business cases
- Gartner fires warning to offshore suppliers
- Barclays bank trials touchscreen devices in branches
- Warwickshire County Council reaps benefits of ITIL
- Banks speeding recruitment to get best talent
- UK CIOs admit they cannot support software
- Capita IT staff strike over pay as profits rise 10%
- Fire Service project at risk due to lack of IT skills
- Outsourcing plummets despite strong BPO sales
- Atos told to improve disability benefits tests
- UK organisations increasing IT services investment
- Government tenders for agile digital developers
- CERN rolls out Oracle IT management
- Water company trials smart meter connectivity
- Post Office system investigation reveals concerns
- Second generation Schengen system deployed
- Time running out for Sepa compliance