I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Co-operative Bank future dependent on £500m IT investment
- Zurich Insurance Group to streamline finance IT
- Cabinet Office selects Steria for government shared service
- Why ISG is to dedicate a report to public sector IT outsourcing
- Explosive IT outsourcing figures mask industry realignment
- Infosys to pay $35m to settle US visa fraud case
- Legal heavyweight joins Post Office Horizon investigation
- Loughborough University implements 400 virtual desktops
- End in sight for sub-postmaster claims
- Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games IT on track
- Fulham football club opts for cloud database
- ECB warns against last-minute Sepa migrations
- Recruitment firm Adecco outsources for cloud-based IT
- MEPs call for suspension of EU-US bank data deal
- First Direct advises customers on contactless payments
- Seven day account switching service sees modest use
- Apple iPad slims down as competition grows
- Computer science needs business and people skills
- Financial traders could use wearable computers
- IT high on agenda as more banks create innovation plans