I am Computer Weekly's services editor. My main focus areas for stories are financial services and outsourcing.
Typically for financial services I write about how the retail and investment banks are harnessing technology and how systems can be used to help companies meet regulations such as Basel II and the Markets in Financial instruments Directive (MiFID).
Outsourcing is relevant across all business and technology sector and focuses on the strategic
and cost cutting benefits associated with outsourcing IT.
Topical issues include the insourcing versus outsourcing debate and whether it is better to off-shore, near-shore or on-shore your outsourced technology.
Contributions from Karl Flinders
- Capita wins back congestion charge deal
- O2 to stop supporting its mobile wallet
- Sepa deadline extended by six months
- UK bank IT systems a "long way from being robust"
- Bank of America told police about data-harvesting
- TCS hires IT entrepreneurs before they become startups
- Is cloud computing almost too good to be true for banks?
- City Link contact centre gets real time customer data
- Barclays to pilot smartphone cheque deposits
- Top 10 financial services IT stories of 2013
- Top 10 IT outsourcing stories of 2013
- Government releases security guidance for cloud services
- Civil Liberties Committee calls for tighter EU data protection
- European IT market recovery to start next year
- Credit Suisse latest finance firm to launch app store
- Red Hat cloud ITSM deal part of wider migration to cloud
- TCS expands UK public sector footprint with Scottish deal
- FCA investigation into RBS IT crash last year not finished
- Norfolk and Suffolk police outsource back-office systems
- How endemic is IT underinvestment in UK retail banking?