David Boyd is a senior consultant at GlassHouse Technologies (UK), with extensive experience in backup and storage and a major focus on designing and implementing backup solutions for blue chip companies. Prior to joining GlassHouse in 2004, David headed up the backup team at COLT Telecommunications. David studied pharmacology to the PhD level before switching focus to the world of IT.
Contributions from David Boyd
- RAID 5 recovery: What is the maximum number of physical drives in a RAID 5 configuration?
- SAN vs. DAS: Which is better in terms of performance and scalability?
- Can I restore backup copies made from data deduplication for disaster recovery?
- Server virtualisation benefits and getting started with virtualisation projects
- Backup priorities: Knowing your environment
- Backups at Christmas
- Streamlining storage processes will help admins survive economic crisis
- Only one way to know how restores will perform: Complete them
- Why cross charging for backup can be tricky
- Tape has soul
- Is your data too fat for your backup window?
- Effective backup performance tuning and moving bottlenecks in the backup path in the backup path
- Why we love backup administration