It is almost time to dust off the castanets and pack for VMworld Europe 2012, taking place in Barcelona this y...
Doors to the Fira Barcelona Gran Via venue, will open on 9-11 October for VMworld Europe attendees and exhibitors eager to hear more on VMware’s "Education. Collaboration. Networking" theme this year.
So what is this year’s show shaping up like? As with past VMworld Europe conferences the programme is broken out in three tracks – end-user computing, partner, and technology exchange for alliance partners. Within these there are a number of breakout sessions, hands-on-labs, panel sessions and quick-start sessions.
During the conference, Computer Weekly's sister site SearchVirtualDataCentre.co.uk will be holding its third annual Best of VMworld Europe User Awards. An awards ceremony, in the exhibition hall, will announce the winners of each category, showcasing why the judges felt their entries stood out among the rest.
The Best of VMworld Europe User Awards is designed to recognise innovation within IT departments, through the use of virtualisation technologies and its ecosystem of products. Each year a panel of judges receive a range of projects, across all verticals, describing how a project was executed and the benefits the company has reaped as a result.
In addition to the ceremony the winning projects are covered in detail through case studies on SearchVirtualDataCentre.co.UK. Past winners from 2011 and 2010 stood out due to their creative ways of implementing virtualisation technologies and making savings in costs, time and energy.
Click here to see more on how to enter and for full information and criteria. Entry criteria in summary are:
- IT projects directed by IT managers at user companies and individual IT users only are eligible - no vendor projects will be considered.
- Only companies with a representative attending VMworld Europe 2012 are eligible to enter their IT projects.
- Vendors may, however, encourage their customers to enter for valid IT projects. User companies that wish to remain anonymous are not qualified to enter.
Several categories are available to enter:
- Best virtualisation and server consolidation project
- Best virtualisation for disaster recovery project
- Best remote-office/home-office deployment project
- Best private cloud project
- Best desktop virtualisation project
- Best of show (most innovative). The Best of show award is determined by the judges and nomination forms should not be submitted for this category.
To enter for this year’s awards all you need to do is fill out the nomination form below. The deadline for entries is 7 September 2012.
You can find out more here on the Best of VMworld User Awards 2012.