1. Quick information:
Deadline for submissions: Wednesday, 21 September, 2011
Date of announcement: Wednesday, 19 October, 2011, time and location TBA
Basic qualifying criteria for nominations:
- IT projects directed by IT managers at user companies and individual IT users only are eligible—no vendor submissions will be considered.
- Only companies with a representative attending VMworld Europe 2011 are eligible to enter their IT projects
- Vendors may, however, encourage their customers to enter for valid IT projects. User companies that wish to remain anonymous are not qualified to enter.
2. Awards: The second annual TechTarget-VMworld User Europe awards will recognise innovative customers of VMware virtualisation and its ecosystem of products. Given European customers’ sophistication with virtualisation technologies and deployments, these awards will identify leading-edge case examples of data centre and desktop virtualisation use cases.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Award winners will be announced during the VMworld Europe 2011 show (Copenhagen, 18-20 October, 2011) and their case studies will be featured on SearchVirtualDataCentre.co.UK, a site devoted to virtualised data centre concerns. In addition to a winner, judges are entitled to choose a runner-up if appropriate.
The Best of show is judges’ choice and will be optional (based on whether there are truly standout entrants.
- Best virtualisation and server consolidation project
- Best virtualisation for disaster recovery project
- Best remote-office/home-office deployment project
- Best private cloud project
- Best desktop virtualisation project
- Best of show (most innovative)
3. Entry forms: Customers or peers are invited to submit user case studies (no vendor submissions will be accepted; vendors should alert their customers to the awards and suggest they enter). The call for entries will begin 22 August 22, 2011, and conclude 21 September, 2011. User nominations must include the following information:
- Company name
- Version/company name of virtualisation platform used
- Number of physical servers and virtual machines/virtual desktop instances
- Hardware, networking, storage configuration as is relevant to case study
- All other specs relevant to environment configuration
at least one user contact regarding the details of virtualisation implementation
- One corporate contact who can be contacted prior to and during the show regarding awards ceremony details; company attendance at the show
- A maximum 800-word explanation of the use of virtualisation
4. Judging process: A panel of independent, anonymous judges based in the region will review user nominations. Nominating companies may not be able to contact the judges but they must provide contact details of the IT project manager so that the judges can get further detail on the submissions if necessary.
Judges will use a matrix of criteria to judge the projects.
Submissions will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Overall innovation
- Improving system performance
- Reducing costs
- Improving management capabilities
- New use in marketplace
- Improving overall business processes/efficiencies
5. Awards presentation and coverage: Winners will receive their awards during a ceremony on the show floor at VMworld Europe 2011.
Winners’ case studies will also be featured in our conference package on SearchVirtualDataCentre.co.UK over several weeks following the show.